The following 10 wellness therapies are the most beneficial for the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual nourishment for our beautiful little ones.
1. Hugs Yes that is the #1 therapy that nurtures the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual faculties. Hugs are full body/mind stimulators that enhance overall well being. Naturopaths recommend you hug your child at least 3 times a day. I say hug them anytime you think about it.
2. Baths The soothing nature of water calms the natural anxiousness of little ones after a long day of play and learning. Although quick showers have become the norm today, submerging the body in water for deep cleansing and hydration is the way nature intended. Especially if you have a little one that doesn't drink enough water during the day, the body will absorb through the integumentary system hydrogen and oxygenn that it needs. Children should have bath time at least 3 times a week.
3. Music The sound vibrations in music can set the tone for a calm disposition in a child. Music helps to stimulate the function of the organs, which is great for growing children. High tones stimulate the nervous system, mid tones stimulate the internal organs, and low tones stimulate the lower part of the body, intestines, legs and feet.
4. Reiki as an energy vibration therapy is done with very gentle touch that provides a moment of relaxation, healing, and cellular regeneration. Your loving hands are placed a light as a butterflies touch on the little one with the intention of sending them positive energy of love, good health and peace. If you would like to be certified in Reiki you are welcome to join one of ALOP many free community Naturopathic Reiki classes held in a city near you or online throughout the year.
5. Massage, like hugs, is a favorite for most little ones. Simple rubbing of the back, arms and legs with an aromatic shea butter or oil is excellent for evening unwind or a morning gratitude session. My granddaughter has received massage all her life and now at five she's giving therapy massage to my back and shoulders and to her Big Baba's feet some nights before bed! As they say children live what they learn.
6. Reflexology This touch therapy works great for full body stimulation if you can get past ticklish feet! The nerve endings in the feet correlate with the upper, middle, and lower sections of the body and stimulate the flow of energy to the brain, the internal organs, and the external parts of the body. This is the therapy of choice for children with autism.
7. Yoga Moving the arms and legs of infants in daily yoga stretches and doing a weekly yoga routine with small children helps them to learn the importance of moving the body for health at an early age.
8. Crystal Therapy can be administered as an elixir. Children can wear crystals as a braclet, earrings, anklet, or necklace. They can sleep with them under their pillow, hold them during meditation or put them in the water during bath time. When choosing a crystal for your child, tumbled crystals are best because it is less likely to release any small pieces. To learn more about crystals, CLICK HERE
9. Chakra Therapy If your little one experiences frustrations, stress or excessive emotional upheavals, chakra therapy may be a good way to help balance their energy for everyday living. Stimulating the energy flow in the chakras can be done through foods, activities, colors, meditations, and more. If you are not familiar with Chakra Therapy you are welcome to download my ebook on Chakra Therapy at www.bojakazhealthnetwork.com
10. Pranic Healing is a skill to learn through a level 1 course. It is a technique that allows you to monitor the health of your child and provide an energy therapy that is noninvasive, gentle and very effective in balancing the body, mind and spirit.
Remember to love and care for your babies with all you have. They grow up so fast!
Light and love,
May 8, 2019
About the Author: Dr. Akua Gray, ND is the author of numerous books on wellness, naturopathy and vegan nutrition. Her latest series of education manuals include Naturopathic Reiki Volumes 1, 2 and 3 and Detox Therapy: Detoxing Should Feel Good Too are available through www.bojakazhealthnetwork.com or Amazon. She is currently the primary curriculum developer for A Life Of Peace Wellness Education Institute and teaches an annual series of Naturopathic courses online and in person. Visit www.alifeofpeace.org